share your story!
We are always on the lookout for new ally stories! Need some guidance? Consider the following questions to help you get started:
- Do you consider yourself a straight ally in your workplace? How did you “come out” and let your colleagues know that you support inclusion and equality for LGBTQ+ people?
- What motivated you to learn more about the LGBTQ+ community in your health-related field? As doctor, nurse, or allied health professional have you ever felt ostracized because you are a vocal and visible ally?
- Was there a turning point that led you to support inclusion and equality for people who are LGBTQ+ in your faith community? If so what was it?
- Do you consider yourself to be an ally to people who are trans? Was there a a specific experience that led you to identify as an ally?
- Why did you join your local PFLAG Chapter? What did the chapter do to make you feel welcome as an ally without a child or family member who is LGBTQ+?
- If you could summarize it in one sentence — why are you an ally? Is there a specific person or event that motivated you to learn more and get involved? Have you ever had to defend your position as an ally?
Submit your responses to [email protected] and please share this request with your friends! If your submission is selected for a Straight for Equality publication or web resources, we will contact you if additional information is required.