Thanks for participating in our Straight for Equality in Faith Communities learning session. On this page you’ll find a list of materials that correspond to the learning objectives in today’s session.
Want to provide feedback on this session? Still have questions about the content? Send us an e-mail at [email protected] today.
Download the guides:
Learn More About Straight for Equality Learning Partnerships:
- equality literacy 101: Choosing to have a conversation often starts with being comfortable with terminology. This quick cheat sheet will help get you caught up on the right words to use.
- 10 things you can do as an ally: Looking for ways to go beyond what was covered in the session? This list may offer some good ideas.
- Religion in the United States:The Pew Research Religion & Public Life Project conducted research to identify trends in religious affiliation in the United States and noted an increase in those who respond with “none” or “unafilliated” in recent years.
- Generations at Odds: The Millennial Generation and the Future of Gay & Lesbian Rights: The Public Religion and Research Institite conducted a survey in 2011 and found at least a 20-point generational gap between millennials and seniors on all public policy issues concerning LGBT equality and found that these trends persist among conservative political and religious groups.
- What Chick-fil-A Could Learn From Marriott: Bill Marriott, chariman of Marriott International and a devout Mormon, makes the case for corporate policies that protect, support, and celebrate LGBT employees.
- Straight for Equality Workplace resources: Still need more? Check out our full workplace resource area for even more details on workplace issues, external resources, other learning opportunities, and advanced tools.