Thanks for participating in our Straight for Equality in Faith Communities learning session. On this page you’ll find a list of materials that correspond to the learning objectives in today’s session.
Want to provide feedback on this session? Still have questions about the content? Send us an e-mail at [email protected] today.
Download the guides:
Learn More About Straight for Equality Learning Partnerships:
- equality literacy 101: Choosing to have a conversation often starts with being comfortable with terminology. This quick cheat sheet will help get you caught up on the right words to use.
- 10 things you can do as an ally: Looking for ways to go beyond what was covered in the session? This list may offer some good ideas.
- Religion in the United States:The Pew Research Religion & Public Life Project conducted research in 2012 to identify trends in religious affiliation in the United States and noted an increase in those who respond with “none” or “unafilliated” in recent years.
- Generations at Odds: The Millennial Generation and the Future of Gay & Lesbian Rights: The Public Religion and Research Institite conducted a survey in 2011 and found at least a 20-point generational gap between millennials and seniors on all public policy issues concerning LGBT equality and found that these trends persist among conservative political and religious groups.
- What Chick-fil-A Could Learn From Marriott: Bill Marriott, chariman of Marriott International and a devout Mormon, makes the case for corporate policies that protect, support, and celebrate LGBT employees.
- Straight for Equality Workplace resources: Still need more? Check out our full workplace resource area for even more details on workplace issues, external resources, other learning opportunities, and advanced tools.